SAP S/4HANA - Brownfield migration System conversion
Do you want to migrate to SAP S/4HANA without going through a complete overhaul of your system?
A technical migration to SAP S/4HANA is possible. It is commonly called a Brownfield implementation.
System conversion is a technical operation that does not require a reorganization of your organizational structure.
It improves your business processes so that they fit into the new SAP S/4HANA landscape. In this case, the system evolutions will have to integrate the new functionalities imposed by SAP S/4HANA.
Brownfield migration for your company with S4IC
The particularities of a Brownfield
- Minimalist migration and therefore lower cost;
- Exploitation of the potential of SAP S/4HANA can be achieved at a later stage than the migration;
- Step-by-step migration that allows the project to be tailored to the available budget and market conditions whilst to better leverage the business user experience;
- No need to extract and re-implement your data in a brand new system, it is already in the SAP system.
The Brownfield migration is on two axes:
- The technical side: IT experts and users are evolving the features.
- The functional side: improvements are mainly due to the new SAP interface, Fiori, which impacts the user experience. It makes it easier to interact with the SAP interface.
Unlike a Greenfield migration, the Brownfield approach is shorter because it keeps the same structure while improving the performance of your business processes.
Are you planning to move to SAP S/4HANA? Don’t wait too long, SAP ECC 6 ERP will no longer be maintained from 2027.
Nevertheless, there is no single solution for SAP S/4HANA implementations.
Several factors influence and determine the approach to adopt:
- the structure,
- the IT environment,
- the organization of the company.
Call S4IC to learn more about Brownfield migration
Are you uncertain on how to migrate or would you like to know more about the different approaches?
As SAP license reseller, our teams of experts will be able to guide and advise you, thanks to their SAP S/4HANA migration experience and projects implementations.
A simple contact will help you make your decision.
Copyright S4IC - 2021